that's so punny
the object of a gift registry is to let everyone know the items that you want and need to add to your nest as a married couple. so theoretically, you should be thrilled to get anything on it. but sometimes i'm not so smitten with anything in particular, i seize the opportunity to creatively group items into a pun-worthy arrangement. because then at least it feels like a gift from me, and not just an item that's been "fulfilled." so i thought i'd share some of my personal faves, most of which i've given for engagement gifts, bridal shower goodies, or presents for the big day. if you're a pun-lover like myself, take note!
1. buy everything (or as much as your budget allows) on the registry with a handle. i usually go for all the utensils, measuring cups and spoons, and the like. your card should say something like: married life, you can HANDLE it.
2. pick up all the goodies you need to successfully make a cake: mixing bowls, measuring spoons and cups, wooden spoon, cake pan, maybe a cake server and pedestal. why not throw a box of cake mix in too, so everything's ready to be put into action. sign the card: for you guys, married life will be a piece of cake!
3. picture frames. that's it. nothing else. make a card that fits inside each (way better looking than some randoms in a photo that looks like it was taken in the 90s). it doesn't have to be fancy. but it does have to say "picture perfect".
4. i've noticed that the sheets are typically some of the last items on a registry to get fulfilled. beats me. so get them while you can and sign off with "HOLY SHEET! you're getting married!"
5. the last one a bit too bold for ya? here's a tamer one. this one works when the couple has perhaps already received some of their dinnerware and stemware. scoop up the remaining plates and wine glasses (and a bottle of wine) and tell them that just because they're married they can't forget to wine and dine each other. keep that romance going!